Friday, July 8, 2011

Every day is my Saturday

Oh my goodness how things have changed since I last wrote on here! The boyfriend DID become the Fiance. On our 4 year anniversary he popped the question, and I - of course- said Yes. Even though it means that I now live in Alabama... It's officially been 1 week of living in the south. I'm still alive, so that's a good sign.

Now for the serious question: How is Alabama living up to my expectations???

Well, there are things that are exactly as I expected. Such as: most people I've talked to have been very nice. Most parents I've seen at Wal-Mart have been completely awful and unfit to be parents. It is hot... and humid... and there are bugs.

Things I was not expecting: the lack of certain chains that I love, i.e. Jimmy John's and Dunkin' Donuts. (And it's not even that I love donuts, because I actually hate them, but sometimes a girl just gets a craving for a Coffee Coolata.) I was also not expecting my recycling to leave me a little notice letting me know that they do not collect: Glass, pizza boxes, fruit containers, large cardboard, etc... seriously --- what are you good for????

I'm also slightly worried about the job prospects here because I am finding an abundance of Sales jobs, but if I learned anything the last 6 months, it is that I do not want to work in Sales. So keep your fingers crossed for me as I seriously launch my job search. A dream job would be working promotions for a radio station, TV station, or a book publishing company. I'm going to try my best to keep positive thoughts about this. Being "Funemployed" I'm actually finding it a bit hard to keep track of the day. So everyday pretty much feels like Saturday to me - I guess that's not a bad thing :)

I'll let you know how things go!!

1 comment:

  1. I would be super sad if I moved to a place without Jimmy John's. Maybe instead of looking for a job, you should just open a Jimmy John's franchise!!!!

    ReplyDelete